OnFife is Fife’s largest cultural organisation and specialises in making jaws drop, hearts warm, eyes light up, and imaginations run wild. We work with a huge range of partners, artists, and creatives, and our spaces are some of Fife’s favourite places. We are an ambitious leadership-oriented charity, built on strong values, and those values make us who we are – Fearless, Inviting, Fair, and Exciting.
Established in 2012, we are a company limited by guarantee with charitable status and our principal activity is the provision of cultural services for Fife. We currently have a range of Board level opportunities available. We are seeking an experienced Chair who will support the Chief Executive and the organisation to meet its charitable and strategic objectives, and up to four Trustees from the following backgrounds:
- Strategic financial management experience (financial experience in relation to the public services/local government would be particularly advantageous)
- Health and wellbeing
- Experience in one or more of libraries, museums/heritage/archives, and theatres
- Strategic arts and culture expertise
- HR, employee relations and/or organisational development
- Marketing, communications, and PR
- Commercial and business development
- Education and lifelong learning
We are also seeking a Director for the board of our trading subsidiary, Fife Cultural Services Trading Ltd, which generates income to gift aid back to the charity, allowing us to re-invest in our key services.
Our strategic objectives reflect our approach and ambition:
- Seek Adventure – we are recognised as the “go to” creative engine of Fife
- Value and Support our People – we are recognised as an organisation desirable to work for, who supports our people to reach their full potential
- Create inspiring experiences – we are renowned for creating amazing experiences for our customers, delivering awe inspiring events
- Nurture our Communities – we are visible, valued and invested in Fife’s communities, nurturing environments that spark creative journeys and provide pathways to employment.
Charity trustees and trading subsidiary directors are expected to direct the affairs of the charity/company through efficient, effective and accountable governance, ensuring that the organisation is professionally run and acts in accordance with its stated aims and objectives. These are unpaid roles but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Please note that the Articles of Association do not allow ONFife to appoint Fife Council employees as Trustees.
For a confidential discussion contact Catriona Mackie at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
Full details on the roles and how to apply at https://www.aspenpeople.co.uk/ONFife