Leisure & Culture Dundee was established in 2011 by Dundee City Council to deliver Leisure and Sport, Library and Information, and Cultural Services on their behalf. Over the last 10 years, Leisure & Culture Dundee has changed and developed, whilst retaining our original organisational values and statement of principles. Our purpose is to deliver for the citizens of Dundee and those who visit the city, high quality leisure, sporting, cultural and learning experiences which contribute to their quality of life.
Leisure & Culture Dundee is committed to maintaining a Board which reflects the community of the city in terms of gender, ethnicity and outlook and are now seeking to recruit a new Trustee to join the Board with a view to becoming the Chair of the Finance Committee.
Applicants will be joining an organisation which has achieved impressive results and which is focused on continuing to deliver for the people of Dundee an excellent public library service, first class sport and leisure facilities, and a dynamic and changing programme of cultural experiences. As Trustee you will help set strategic direction, and review and monitor organisational performance (both in terms of the services provided and finances). You will have specific responsibilities for agreeing the annual report and the financial statements for the organisation.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following finance / business related skills:
- A strong financial management background and appropriate financial qualification
- Understanding of business and commercial arrangements
- Have a strong understanding of governance and compliance structures
- Experience of the formation, implementation and achievement of a business vision and strategy
- Can demonstrable passion for and interest in the work that we do
- An understanding of the importance of the balance between income generation and inclusion and equality strategies
Time commitment for this role is an average of two days per month.
Documents for download:
For a confidential discussion please contact Catriona Mackie or Melissa Scholes at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555 To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement via the apply button. Applicants are also asked to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form. Please send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org