Graduate Trainee Consultant
- c.25,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
This position is now closed to applications.
Aspen People Ltd is a UK professional services firm specialising in executive search services. They typically work in partnership with a broad range of private and public sector organisations, helping them to attract and assess the highest calibre leaders.
With a track record of delivering essential appointments across virtually all functional and professional career specialisms, Aspen have a particularly strong reputation in Scotland for delivering Chair, Trustee, Non-Executive Directors as well as Executive Directors, Heads of Service and Chief Executive Officers.
Aspen People are looking for an enthusiastic graduate/post graduate with some customer or professional services experience, to undertake a traineeship which would lead to a high-level associate consultant position within the company.
• Project Management
• Client Management
• Candidate Management
• Business Management
• Team Working
• Clients – communicate proactively and reactively with clients in relation to live assignments as well as prospective clients in relation to potential new business
• Candidates – communicate proactive and reactively with candidates at all stages of assignments as well as unsolicited candidates
• External suppliers – such as researchers, advertising agencies and hotels relating to assignments
• Internal colleagues – across the organisation at all levels where appropriate
Although not essential, the role could suit a graduate or postgraduate who has already gained some solid work experience in another professional services field and is looking to change direction; perhaps from law, accountancy or HR. No specific degree background is required as long as you can prove you have the skills to do the job.
The ideal candidate will be able to evidence integrity, values and a high level of customer service and communication skills. They must aspire to working within a team of management consultants who pride themselves on “substance, intellect and service”.
• Professional office administrative processes and procedures
• Project management skill
• Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, email and databases
• Managing a workload to meet tight deadlines
• Working as part of a team and across teams
Personal Skills and Abilities
• Proactively take responsibility for workload priorities and task completion.
• Self- discipline to plan ahead and organise delivery of tasks to best meet the needs of clients, candidates and colleagues across multiple projects to ensure that deadlines are met
• Commercially astute
• Articulate with strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• A sense of humour, pride, determination and resilience
• Enthusiastic, clear and confident communication skills at all levels of seniority – both internally and externally (written and verbal)
• Strong on common sense, logical reasoning and able to use initiative
• Team spirited with a calm approach to pressure
• Flexible and able to adapt working style to meet client requirements
For more information please contact Amy Gordon on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please submit a full CV with current remuneration and salary expectation as well as a covering letter supporting your interest. Please summarise your ability and ambition referring to the Job Description and let us know about your personal vision & values that you would offer to the team.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.