Financial Controller – Finance Department, Head Office, Bridgeton, Glasgow
37.5 Hours per week | Salary – circa £50k D.O.E.
Closing Date: Friday 18th February 2022
The Mungo Foundation is a well-established charitable organisation, with over 40 years of experience supporting vulnerable individuals across Scotland. We employ over 700 staff, supporting approximately 1500 people a year, across a diverse array of services. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual we work with and together we work hard to improve their quality of life.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our exciting organisation to provide leadership to the Finance team and working closely with the Finance Director take responsibility for the accurate and timely preparation of accounts and all financial information and management information for the business.
Your key duties will include:
- To manage and lead senior Finance team and hold responsibility for day-to-day management of Finance department.
- To take the lead ensure the finance team achieve the monthly financial input schedule.
- To prepare and co-ordinate the annual audit file and financial accounts and liaise with the Auditor as required.
- To lead and take ownership of the annual budget, subsequent revisions and forecasts as required.
- To collaborate in the preparation of papers for Board of Trustees and relevant Committees, ensuring end users are equipped to make informed business decisions.
- To support the Finance Director to develop and improve the accounting IT systems and policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness and compliance with legislation.
- Qualified CA/ ACCA / CIMA.
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience.
- Third sector / charitable experience or ability to demonstrate translation of knowledge and skills from another sector to the charity/ not for profit environment.
- Demonstrable experience of people management and staff development
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and preferably Sage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to lead change and facilitate change process.
If you are looking for a new challenge, this may be the position for you.
We value our staff very highly. Alongside competitive terms and conditions we also offer membership of both an employee benefits scheme and a credit union, plus numerous training and development opportunities.
Appointments are made subject to satisfactory membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and appropriate recruitment checks.
All posts are currently subject to Job Evaluation.
Further information on the position is available at https://aspenpeople.co.uk/themungofoundation
For a confidential discussion please contact Debbie Shields or Kate Kennedy on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please submit a CV and supporting statement – full details of the information required is available by Clicking Here
Interviews: Friday 4th March 2022