Archdiocese of Glasgow
Based at Head Office (Clyde Street, Glasgow) with some flexibility
The Archdiocese of Glasgow currently consists of 89 parishes served by 163 priests (2020 figures) covering an area of 450 sq. miles in the West of Scotland. It includes the City of Glasgow and extends to the town of Cumbernauld in the east, northwards to Bearsden, Bishopbriggs and Milngavie and westwards to Dumbarton, Balloch and Garelochhead. It is headquartered in Clyde Street, Glasgow.
Due to retirement, we are currently looking to recruit a Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance is a member of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Archbishop and Trustees of the Archdiocese. As such, the successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with experience of working at Board level and will have successfully managed a finance team and function.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Finance are as follows:
- To ensure that the Archdiocese is supported in its mission and work.
- To manage and lead the finance team and function.
- To ensure that finance systems and processes are defined and reflective of regulatory, statutory requirements as well as best practice.
- To advise on strategic direction.
- To establish a high level of credibility and develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Finance Council, Trustees, parishes and colleagues.
- To act as the lead contact for OSCR.
- To liaise with auditors, IT suppliers, stockbrokers and banks.
Applicants will be considered from all backgrounds, however, an understanding or background in the Third Sector would be advantageous.
Please contact Debbie Shields or Lauren Crichton at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555 for a confidential discussion.
To apply please submit your CV and a supporting statement via the apply button below.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th June 2022