Children in Scotland
Location: Remote/home based until at least March 2022
Future office location expected to be in Edinburgh.
Children in Scotland is Scotland’s largest national membership body for individuals and organisations seeking to improve the lives of children and young people. We are committed to promoting the rights of children and young people and helping them thrive.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Chief Executive to lead the development and delivery of our 2022-2027 Strategic Plan and annual operational plans. This will involve creatively and innovatively identifying new ways of working with the membership, our partners and the Children in Scotland team.
This is an exciting time for the children’s sector with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) soon to be included directly in Scottish law. This needs to be backed up with policy and legislative changes to tangibly improve the lives of children, young people and families living in Scotland.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in developing effective networks of key stakeholders to influence policy and deliver strategic goals, including our financial and organisational sustainability. You will also be able to communicate the needs and interests of the children’s sector in a clear and compelling manner, informed by robust evidence, intelligence and sound judgement.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- A proven commitment to the improvement of the health and wellbeing of children, young people and their families.
- Robust experience of leading and supporting effective governance and accountability arrangements, including planning, financial management, and reporting, fulfilling legal and constitutional responsibilities on behalf of a Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of third and public sector funding and a strong track record in securing funding for projects.
- Management of operations which are aligned with overall strategy and available resources.
- An enabling, inclusive, values-led and professional leadership approach that secures respect and credibility at all levels.
- Ability to manage and lead teams with inspiration, confidence, and passion
To apply, please send a comprehensive submission which should include:
- Your up to date CV
- Your supporting statement – indicating how you meet the criteria and competencies for the role. This should be a maximum of 500 words.
For a further conversation, please contact Catriona Mackie at our recruitment partners, Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April 2021