This position is now closed to applications.
Founded in 1916, Erskine has provided nursing and medical care for former members of our Armed forces through two world wars and the more recent conflicts and peace keeping initiatives of the twentieth and twenty first centuries. Providing first-class care to ex-Service men and women has been the cornerstone on which Erskine has built an unrivalled reputation across Scotland.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will act as an ambassador for Erskine to enhance the good name and reputation of the charity and attract continued support as well as drive the strategic direction and effective governance of the organisation.
Role responsibilities include:
- Leading the trustees and the executive management team in the development of the strategic plan.
- Providing leadership and support to the Chief Executive, and ensuring that Erskine is run in accordance with the decisions of the trustees, the charity’s objectives and appropriate legislation.
- Ensuring the board of trustees fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of Erskine.
- Liaising with the Chief Executive and Company Secretary with the setting of agendas for the Board meetings ensuring that the business is covered efficiently and effectively at those meetings
- Leading on, with the assistance of the Company Secretary and Chief Executive Officer, the selection, induction, development and appraisal of trustees
- Ensuring an effective relationship between the trustees and the staff/volunteers, residents and external stakeholders
- Acting as a figurehead and spokesperson for Erskine when required
Please visit www.aspenpeople.co.uk/erskine for more information or call Ken Dalgleish on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date: Friday 11th March 2016
To apply please complete the form below and upload your CV and supporting letter / statement.