Vice Principal – Enterprise & Knowledge Exchange
Attractive Senior Package
SRUC wishes to appoint an outstanding leader to the newly created position of Vice Principal – Enterprise & Knowledge Exchange. SRUC has ambitious plans to enhance and develop our business-led research portfolio and enterprise performance and the new Vice Principal will play a leading role in shaping and developing our enterprise activities in this area and in maximising external overall research income.
- Identifying and facilitating innovative funding sources and opportunities
- facilitating new relationships with industry and inter-disciplinary research collaborators
- developing a resilient and diverse pipeline of new and additional research income
- assessing funding applications for industry-linked research and help to build a winning bid
- supporting the development of scalable business interactions with research groups
This position will lead the business-led research income generation activities, working to drive engagement with a broad range of partners from Government agencies to industrial and commercial clients, resulting in increased external income generation. It is responsible for: identifying & developing potential research & enterprise income sources, promoting these opportunities to relevant colleagues, supporting staff in preparing grant and commercial applications.
You will manage enterprise projects and support the implementation of activities for the effectiveness of enterprise processes. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues in developing links with local, regional, national and international research and educational bodies.