Senior Specialist Lead – National Leadership Development Programme
£50,470 to £54,482 per annum
Flexible Location: Based throughout Scotland, NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
NHS Education for Scotland is a national health board which promotes best practice in the education and lifelong learning of all Healthcare, social work and social care staff in Scotland, including management and executive level team members. The mission of NES is to contribute to the highest quality of health & social care throughout Scotland, ensuring the 350,000 people working in health and social care roles are well trained and are continually developed through each stage of their career.
NES is the key delivery partner for the new National Leadership Development Programme (NLDP); this programme is being developed to create empowering, inspirational leaders who understand that people are our strongest asset for delivering positive change. The programme will focus on the development of leaders at all levels, the identification of talent, leadership succession planning, and support current senior leaders in their own development needs. This programme will work across the entire health, social work and social care workforce of Scotland.
The purpose of the Senior Specialist Lead role is to lead and manage leadership development and talent management workstreams which have a range of projects and activities. The post involves co-ordinating, developing and managing a team of development specialists to deliver packages of development at local and national levels for both health and social care workforces.
If you were in this role today, here are some of the things you would be doing:
- Managing a team of specialist leads engaged in the delivery of talent management processes and leadership development activities
- Leading the development of community leadership and talent management events and resources
- Communicating and driving wider engagement with NLDP talent management and leadership development activities across all parts of health, social work and social care.
- Delivering aspects of the talent management process including career conversations and the career conversation lite and 360 feedback tools.
- Leading the development of online leadership development content for leaders at all levels and from all parts of health, social work and social care.
- Contributing to programme management by providing briefings, activity reports and by monitoring project/programme spend
What we can offer you:
- Life-work balance – with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Incremental progression through the salary band (up to the maximum of the band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave – 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
What you’ll bring to us:
You will be a confident and experienced manager with great relationship building skills and experience of working in complex and fast-changing environments. You’re enthusiastic, collaborative and believe in the values of Health, social care and social work in Scotland and the NES Leadership Behaviours.
Some of the knowledge, skills and experience you might have:
- You’ll have experience of effectively leading and managing people and teams
- You will understand and be able to apply contemporary theories of leadership development, for example systems leadership, collective and compassionate leadership
- You’ll be able to facilitate learning for others through live work, for example via Action Learning Sets, Team Coaching, Peer Thinking Groups
- You’ll have the knowledge and skills to evaluate and assess the impact of learning and development products
- You’ll have a good understanding of the health, social work and social care system in Scotland
- You will be able to communicate sensitive and complex information face-to-face and in writing
- You will have strong project Management skills
We have provided below a note of all the critical dates within this recruitment campaign which we hope will help you plan your diary:
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 2nd May 2022
Interviews: w/c 23rd May 2022