Head of Finance & Corporate Services
£53,000 – £55,000
Hybrid & flexible working
The Group now seeks to appoint a Head of Finance and Corporate Services to the Senior Management Team. This position will be key to the continued success and growth of CEIS driving innovation and continuous improvement across the group whilst ensuring sound financial management. The post will also ensure full compliance with regulatory bodies and ensure accurate record keeping and administration.
The new leader will be a qualified accountant and possess excellent people and service leadership skills. Embracing digital and technology, the appointed candidate will present accurate and organised data to facilitate effective decision making and business improvement.
Our aim is to enable our people to be at their best, we can accommodate for home or office working with a flexible approach to weekly working hours. Relationships within our teams are important to us and we do expect for you to attend some in person meetings and host to a monthly meeting with the finance team.
Key responsibilities and tasks may include:
- Produce management accounts monthly for all companies in group
- Work with managers on budgeting (annual and new projects)
- Ensure Cash flow management and management of financial risks
- Manage all bank accounts including banking online, authorise bank payments weekly
- Monthly overhead and payroll allocation, apportionment across projects where relevant
- DSL – reporting on business lending
- Annual statutory accounts consolidation / annual returns (OSCR, Companies House, other), accounts production ready for audit
- Manage financial information for group KPI’s and budgeting, produce claims to Funders/Contractors and any other external reporting as required
- Taxation – liaise with Auditors re all tax matters, review VAT returns, VAT exemptions, Corporation Tax returns
- Line management of Corporate & Finance staff, team meetings, appraisals & supervision
- Attendance at Board meetings including preparation and presentation of relevant discussion papers
- Provide oversight, input and guidance to Corporate Services Manager in all matters, including update of CEIS group policies, Health & Safety, property management, quality management systems, insurance
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) for CEIS group, responsible for overseeing the data protection approach, strategy, systems, policies, procedures and its compliance along with the Corporate Services Manager and IT Manager.
- Management and co-ordination of group wide HR activities (recruitment, absence, leavers, disciplinary, appraisals etc), including ongoing liaison with retained HR provider.
- Ensure CEIS group remains a progressive employer, open to all and acting as a responsible corporate citizen by implementing new strategies and policies across the group to meet evolving legislation and best practice developments, e.g. Net Zero, Fair Work, Equality & Diversity.
- Work with the Chief Executive to coordinate and implement CEIS group’s policies & procedures relating to COVID.
- Management of external relationships, including suppliers, pension provider, Auditor, professional advisers.