Introduction from Angela Cox, Principal, Borders College
About Borders College
Borders College is the regional college for the Scottish Borders and offers a wide range of courses, from an introductory level through to advanced courses at Higher National level, including the full range of apprenticeships courses.
Borders College, as a beacon for excellence, is much in demand as a leader and proactive innovator, collaborating widely through engagement with a variety of stakeholders. As a progressive organisation, the college is part of a number of innovation and economic development projects, working alongside key partners, universities and an extensive network of employers.
Recent successes with significant sustainable impact include our new Sustainable STEM Hub in Hawick, developed in partnership with Scottish Power, a collaboration with Eyemouth Boatyard to provide Boatbuilding Apprenticeships and our Care Career Academy, developed in partnership with Scottish Borders Council.
Borders College is committed to providing innovative, life-changing learning opportunities which includes a large number of industry-based training courses for businesses throughout Scotland.
We have a strong track record of delivering high quality training opportunities that reflect local and national socio-economic priorities. Over the last few years, we have made a significant investment in technology to enable flexible and mobile learning and provide industry standard learning environments.
In addition, through the multimillion-pound investment in the Learning and Skills partnership, working with Dumfries & Galloway College, across the South of Scotland we provide unique learning opportunities for individuals and business.
Strategic Ambition 2020-2025
The Strategic Ambition 2020-2025, developed following wide consultation, is supported by operational strategies and measurable performance targets. The Board commends the Strategic Ambition and endorses the aspirations of the leadership team to continue to build purposefully on solid, evidence-based foundations.
Having recently launched our strategic ambition, we are searching for the newly created position of Executive Director of Enterprise & Innovation. This is an exciting addition to the Executive leadership team, responsible for the profile, growth and diversification of Borders College income through the successful delivery of employer facing programmes, commercial projects and partnerships. The role will also be responsible for developing a culture of innovation that will be applied through business development engagements.
We are looking for a proactive individual who possesses strong leadership skills. You should have a commercial mindset with a proven track record in project management, business development and stakeholder engagement. You will be able to contribute new ideas and influence the College’s strategic direction. An understanding of Marketing and the Education sector are beneficial.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead and develop initiatives, responding to external financial opportunities with particular emphasis on the employer and community development market.
- Prepare a clear strategy and implementation plan for business growth and diversification including stakeholder engagement, target sectors, PR and marketing.
- Work with SLT to develop and deliver commercial opportunities whilst ensuring a customer orientated approach.
- Lead on the development of all commercial and funded training activities including selling and maximising Borders College assets and services.
- Develop and maintain strategic and collaborative partnerships, internally and externally to support growth.
- Ensure a corporate marketing, PR and communication strategy is developed which promotes the college locally and nationally.
- Maintain good relations with key external stakeholders and foster excellent public relations.
- As part of the executive team, directly contribute to the strategic leadership and development of the college.
Documents for download:
How to Apply
If you have any queries or would like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Donogh O’Brien or Emma McEneaney on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please click here to submit your CV and covering letter. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview by matching the details given in their application against the job description. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements as well as why you are interested in the role.We would also be grateful if you could include the following information:
- Current salary / package
- Current notice period
- Details of two referees (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent)
Please note that you will receive an acknowledgement of your application within 48 hours – if you do not receive this please contact Aspen People.
|Closing date for applications:||Friday 27th November 2020|
|Interviews:||Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th December 2020|